For over 155 years, CNX has been a part of the fabric of our Appalachian communities. We are committed to hiring local and bringing sustainable opportunity to our urban and rural disadvantaged communities.
With a growing need in the community for well-paying, stable jobs for all in our backyard, we continue to center our hiring pool and recruiting efforts exclusively within our Appalachian communities, particularly in disadvantaged urban and rural areas, where we are maintaining a 100% local workforce among Pennsylvania, Ohio, and West Virginia residents.
CNX recognizes its role within the broader regional value chain, and has made the following additional pledges:
- Zero tolerance on all job-related training deficiencies.
- Continue to reward and celebrate exceptional safety performance of our teams and contractors.
- Purchase all services and materials from providers that, in aggregate, maintain a 90% local resident employee base (SWPA, eastern OH and northern WVA).
- Continued focus on charitable giving and volunteerism within our operational footprint and specifically focused on the disadvantaged populations within those communities.
- Dedicate 40% of the total CNX small business spend to companies within the tri-state area.
Commitment to Local Diversity:
- Commit to 6% Diverse Business Enterprise (DBE) spend and 7% DBE representation on the CNX-approved vendor list in 2021.
In just the last 10 of our 156-yr history, CNX has donated approximately $30 million to various causes and organizations in our Appalachian communities.